Automotive Technology 1, 2 (9-12)
Prerequisites: Student must be 16 years of age
Classes prepare students for jobs in the automotive or related fields and advanced technical training programs. Students receive hands-on instruction in the following area:
• Shop procedures & Safety
• Basic Mechanics
• Careers and professionalism
• Vehicle Maintenance Services
• Service Information and Specifications
• Lubrication and cooling systems
• Tires, brakes, suspension, and steering
• Fuel system diagnosis and repair
• Engine repair & testing
• Electrical systems & Computer control
• Cranking, charging, fuel & ignition systems
• Engine performance & diagnostic testing
• Conventional & alternative powertrains
This class articulates with the Auto Technology program at College of Marin.
Engineering Technology 1 (9-12) UC/CSU A-G Area G
Engineering Technology curriculum is focused on project-based learning. Students are encouraged to try everything and to use every tool in the classroom. This is a design and building course in which you will learn how to connect your mind to your hands. We will be using our critical thinking skills to accomplish many different tasks throughout the year.
Engineering Technology 2 (10-12)
Prerequisites: Engineering Technology 1
An advanced class for those who would like to further develop their design and fabrication skills. Students enrolled in this class will be expected to work on more challenging projects commensurate with their abilities.
For more information (including any updates since this information was posted) please check our Course Catalog